Our Family

Our Family
ANCIENT CHINESE BELIEF: When a child is born invisible red threads extend from the child's spirit and connect to all the significant people who will be part of the child's life. As the child grows, the threads shorten, drawing closer those people who are destined to be together.






JOHANNA'S FAVORITE VIDEO!

















Friday, November 9, 2007

Hello from Shanghai!


Well, we made it safely to Shanghai. I now see that my fears were misplaced. I should not have been afraid of flying over the ocean, I should have been afraid of riding in a car once we got here! No description that I can give would give it justice. It's the craziest thing we have ever seen. But, we are having a great time with Anqi and her family. Yesterday was Anqi's mom's birthday so we went out to dinner and had a true Chinese food experience. Chuck calls it "Fear Factor Food" But we did have alot of things that were very delicious. We had a great nights sleep last night and are ready for a fun day of touring Shanghai. Oh, and for lunch yesterday we ate at Pizza Hut. I think I liked it better here than I do at home! Tomorrow (Sunday)we leave in the afternoon for Nanchang. We see Johanna in two days!!!

1 comment:

Kylie's momma said...

YEA! You made it! Welcome to China and I can hardly wait to hear more about your trip and see pictures!!!!
Susan in MT.
Momma to another Guixi sweetie :-)